- IRS EIN: 27-1685553
- NYS DTF Exempt Organization Certificate (ST-119) number: see Treasurer
Ways to Send Money to Interlock
Questions/inquiries/notifications/problems, as well as requests for donation receipts, should go to: email@example.com
Our transaction cost is in (parenthesis) where applicable. As of 2016-03-01, dues invoices will include a 3% payment processing charge to cover the costs of handling electronic transactions. This payment processing charge will be refunded if you use a payment method labeled "0% surcharge".
On every invoice, you should find an Actions menu with an Account Statement link. This will provide you with the most up-to-date information about your balance due (not including checks, cash, or other things requiring manual intervention by the Treasurer). Additionally, the invoice will include a Make Payment button, which can be used to make a payment via PayPal or credit card in any amount.
One-time online payments
- Use the Make Payment button on an invoice. (2.75%)
- Via Square at https://mkt.com/interlock-rochester. Simply add appropriate Member Dues or Donation items to your cart until you reach the desired amount. (2.75%)
One-time in-person payments
See the Treasurer in person. Chip cards, NFC cards (including Apple Pay and Android Pay), and old swipey-cards are supported via Square. It is probably easier to just pay using the online link above, though. (2.75%)
Online Payment Systems
Visit https://www.dwolla.com/hub/interlockroc or send to Dwolla ID 812-921-0930 (0.5%)
- Use the Make Payment button on your invoice. (2.9% + $0.30/transaction)
- Send to firstname.lastname@example.org from your PayPal account. (2.9% + $0.30/transaction)
Pay with Bitcoin. (0% surcharge)
- Arbitrary Amount ($1): https://bitpay.com/cart/add?itemId=P1zYcWewSC3qeRNMG9AEFr
- Associate Member Dues ($25/mo): https://bitpay.com/cart/add?itemId=CwG12QyYCVKfznHQh6z5NW
- Student Member Dues ($35/mo): https://bitpay.com/cart/add?itemId=A5iMUwbQwAmERUro9bHPGK
- Full Member Dues ($50/mo): https://bitpay.com/cart/add?itemId=152VccPFTUR96Jkhsm83Xf
- Table Hacker Monthly Dues ($100/mo): https://bitpay.com/cart/add?itemId=WgHrNnmRpzWbYTe6YipQLj
Check or cash or money orders (0% surcharge) are welcome, and may be:
- Personally handed to the treasurer,
- Placed in the donation box, or
- Snailmailed to Interlock Rochester, 1115 East Main Street, Box 68, Rochester NY 14609
Please include a note with your name and the fact that this is a dues payment.
Support Interlock Passively
- AmazonSmile link: http://smile.amazon.com/ch/27-1685553
The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to Interlock Rochester (or another charity of your choice) when you shop at AmazonSmile.
You MUST use the AmazonSmile web site to make this work, and "Supporting: Interlock Rochester" MUST appear at the top of your page while you shop.
Bottle Return / Henrietta Redemption Center
- 2199 E. Henrietta Road
- Suburban Plaza (next to Country Max)
- Phone (585) 321-3678
Tell them to apply the bottle deposit refund to the "Interlock Rochester" account.
Employer Donation Matching
Many employers will match your donation to Interlock Rochester. Here's a list of those we know of:
- <crickets chirping>
If your employer is not on that list, poke your HR Department.
If you sign up for Square using this link, we'll get up to $1000 in free credit card processing, as will you: https://squareup.com/i/D4C5325C
IMPORTANT: For sales tax exemption, we must be the direct purchaser of record, as well as the direct payer of record. In other words, payment must be made directly from Interlock Rochester's funds to the vendor, and the bill/invoice/receipt must show Interlock Rochester as the purchaser. The purchase must benefit Interlock Rochester only, and must not benefit any officer, member, or employee. See TP-120 and ST-119.1 for details.
The President and the Treasurer have corporate debit cards and may make purchases as required. A Reimbursement Request form (Google Docs link) should be submitted to the Treasurer promptly, with receipts attached and a note indicating that the purchase was made on a corporate debit card.
The proper sales tax exemption paperwork should be presented to the vendor when making a purchase. See the Treasurer for details.
IMPORTANT: Reimbursed expenses are NOT exempt from sales tax and should be avoided for significant purchases.
Fill out the Reimbursement Request form (Google Docs link) and submit it, along with receipts, to the Treasurer for reimbursement.
The Treasurer will process your request and will contact you for more information if required.
Reminders/Deadlines by Month
- Employee Donation Matching: Harris Corporation - http://harris.com/corporate_responsibility/foundation.aspx
- May 15: Form 990-N filing deadline
- 501(c)3 Fundraiser: ROC the Day - https://www.roctheday.org
Things to Poll Regularly
- Donation Box
- Expect a mailed check from Henrietta Redemption Center
- Expect an ACH deposit from Amazon Smile