Meetings 2016

From Interlock Rochester Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

See MIBS Simplified Rules of Coordinated Consensus through Chaos for details about how we conduct meetings.

Contents

[edit] 2016-12-06

  • Started: 20:00
  • Attendance: scott, justbill, ryan, chris, lillian, dollarbill, walter, stephanie, + 3 guests
  • Previous minutes: No objections??
  • Consent agenda: None
  • President:
    • Yearly meeting, thanks to Carl for cleaning,
    • New board was elected

Pres: scott VP: jsutbill Treasurer: ryan Sec: Carl MaL: dollor bill

    • maker faire was great success! ish... not much swag to give, but puzzles. People tried stuff and much rejoicing
    • made a ton of bad jokes/puns about secretaries being like drummers in spinal tap.
  • Vice President:
    • didn't show up
  • Secretary:
    • wanted to make a showy handoff, but it wasn't meant to be
    • pointed out that I made it through my whole term
  • Treasurer:
    • Python issues are delaying the monthly report
  • Member at Large:
    • Nada
  • Old Business:
    • None
  • New Business:
    • The new VP was asked to administer a ruler to the over-exuberant P... yeah that happened.
  • Finished 20:07:30

[edit] 2016-12-03

  • New board voted in:
    • President: Scott
    • Vice President: JustBill
    • Treasurer: Ryan
    • Secretary: Carl
    • Member At Large: Bill H-K

[edit] 2016-10-04

  • Started: 20:03
  • Attendance: scott, Carl, ryan, justbill, stephanie, and dollorbill were present
  • Secretary was absent
  • Previous minutes: Approved
  • Consent agenda: None
  • President:
    • One more year until term limit
  • Vice President:
    • Linux Workshop went well
    • PFSense workshop next month
    • Build your own router/firewall - Makes you cool
    • At term limit. Needs replacement.
  • Secretary:
    • We have a new member - Stephanie
  • Treasurer:
    • We have money
    • August ended with $5742 in assets
    • Net loss of $26.80
    • $300 one time cost for DC Trip
    • Plans to run again next year
    • Will fight to death for position
  • Member at Large:
    • Not seeking re-election
  • Old Business:
    • None
  • New Business:
    • Annual Meeting date to be picked by president -After elections- Sometime early in DEC
  • Finished: 20:11

[edit] 2016-09-06

  • Started: 20:01
  • Attendance: Ryan, carl, djoe, scott, lillian, dollarbill, chris, and justbill
  • Previous minutes: No objections
  • Consent agenda: None
  • President:
    • nothing to report... isn't that weird!?!
    • will talk about Burlington makerspace and stuff later
  • Vice President:
    • Linux workshop happened and people showed up!
    • Arduino meetup was here and no one showed up, Carl had a sad. Next month is at the other makerspace.
  • Secretary:
    • Nothing to report.../sigh
    • Will make a member roster for the group
  • Treasurer:
    • We have money as of the end of Aug. "Things are pretty okay"
    • Adaspace gift is finish-ed.
    • Ryan went to Washington to represent us
    • Ryan is renewing the lease for another year from Nov 1st 2016 to Nov 1st 2017


  • Member at Large:
    • Nada
  • Old Business:
    • None
  • New Business:
    • None
  • Finished: 20:13

[edit] 2016-08-02

  • Started: 20:05
  • Attendance: Ryan, carl, djoe, scott, lillian dollarbill, zachary, chris, and han
  • Previous minutes: No objections
  • Consent agenda: None
  • President:
    • nothing to report... at least he showed up this time
  • Vice President:
    • Linux workshop happened...will happen again
    • Arduino meetup happened last month at Interlock 3 ish people showed up... woot!
  • Secretary:
    • Nothing to report...what does she do anyway?
  • Treasurer:
    • We have money as of the end of june. "Things are pretty okay"
    • worth noting: Adaspace gift is about played out.
    • Rattata was very dangerous and might have attacked at any time, so the treasurer dealt with it.
  • Member at Large:
    • Nothing to report
  • Old Business:
    • None
  • New Business:
    • None
  • Finished: 20:15

[edit] 2016-07-05

  • Started: 19:48
  • Attendance: Ryan, JustBill, $Bill, Chris, Carl, and Lillian
  • Previous minutes: No objections
  • Consent agenda: None
  • President:
    • Not even here
  • Vice President:
    • He's totally here.
    • Linux workshop happened...unidentified woman showed up, then others
    • Arduino meetup happened last month at the maker space and will happen again this month at Interlock
  • Secretary:
    • Nothing to report
    • Just Bill is making me take over the secretary email; wacky hijinx to ensue
  • Treasurer:
    • We have money as of the end of May...about the same as before.
    • Asks that we don't put pound sterling in the trash; recycle for the children.
  • Member at Large:
    • Nothing to report
    • Oh wait...he's here.
  • Old Business:
    • None
  • New Business:
    • None
  • Finished: 19:55

[edit] 2016-06-07

  • Started: 19:27
  • Attendance: Ryan, $Bill, DJoe, Fig, Tim, Scott, Lillian, guy with

beard

  • Previous minutes: No objections
  • Consent agenda: None
  • President:
    • Nothing to report
  • Vice President:
    • Not here
  • Secretary:
    • Nothing to report
  • Treasurer:
    • tl;dr....4 realz like whoa
    • We have money as of the end of April
  • Member at Large:
    • Nothing to report
  • Old Business:
    • None
  • New Business:
    • None
  • Finished: 19:40

[edit] 2016-05-03

  • Started:19:48:37
  • Attendance: Scott, Some guy with a beard, Carl, $Bill (radical geek), JustBill, Ryan, Chris, Lillian
  • Previous minutes: No objections
  • Consent agenda: None
  • President:
    • Arduino day @ makerspace went well and we outnumbered the makers hahahaha
    • Next meeting is 5/25 last weds of the month 7-9 pm
  • VP:
    • Made all the annoying noise @ arduino day
    • 2600 announcement
    • Crypto party announcement
    • Linux workshop was last month, will be again this month
  • Secretary:
    • N/A
  • Treasurer:("Sailing" plays in the background)
    • Showed the balance sheet and giggled
    • Went into detail after JustBill asked questions
  • Member at Large:
    • Nothing to report
  • Voting on new secretary:
    • Lillian carries the vote, it was heavy
  • Finished:19:57:43

[edit] 2016-04-05

  • Started: 20:00
  • Attendance: Ryan, Bill H., Carl, Adam, Scott, Chris, Vince
  • Previous minutes: No objections
  • Consent agenda: None
  • President:
    • Arduino Day went well, 3 great talks
    • new people including several Rochester Makerspace members visited
    • major thanks to everyone who helped out!
    • Computer Science House touring Interlock on 4/16
  • Vice President:
    • Linux workshop last month, a few people showed up
    • Linux workshop again this month (4/16)
    • Arduino meetup in cooperation with Rochester Makerspace. First meeting will be at the makerspace on 4/27
  • Secretary:
    • Will most likely be last month as secretary, need to find a new/temp person
  • Treasurer:
    • New Chromecast (thanks Ryan)
    • tl;dr we have money as of the end of Feb.
    • We now accept Bitcoin
  • Member at Large:
    • Nothing to report
  • Finished: 20:13

[edit] 2016-03-01

  • Started: 19:33
  • Attendance: Carl, $Bill, JustBill, Joe, Chris, Vince
  • Previous minutes: No objections
  • Consent agenda: None
  • President: not present
  • Vice President:
    • Junk pile mostly recycled (at ecopark), thanks to Carl, Ryan, Dawn, Scott, Vince
    • Linux workshop will happen this month
    • Bsides upcoming (yay)
  • Treasurer:
    • Report sent via mailing list
    • -1 table hacker, currently 3 slots to fill
  • Secretary:
    • Nothing to report
  • Member at Large:
    • Nothing to report
  • Finished: 19:36

[edit] 2016-02-02

  • Started: 19:54
  • Attendance: Chris, Vince, Mark M., Alain, Ryan, Scott, Joe, Bill, Carl, Noah, Mike
  • Previous minutes: No objections
  • Consent agenda:
    • Add a 3% Payment Processing Surcharge to all dues invoices, based on the typical cost of processing electronic payments. This surcharge will be refunded for no-cost payment methods (e.g. check, cash, Dwolla, ...). The list of no-cost payment methods may change from time to time, and notification will be sent to the members mailing list and posted on invoices.
    • No objections, 3% processing surcharge will be applied to dues
  • President:
    • Nothing to report
  • Vice President:
    • Linux workshop last month, and there will be one this month on the 3rd Saturday of the month
    • Electronics recycling, pile will go to the recycling center February 28th (Noah will check on date for Boy Scouts e-waste recycling drive)
  • Secretary:
    • Nothing to report
  • Treasurer:
    • Balance sheet in the black
    • Member count: +0, -3 (including one suspension through Feb. due to travel)
  • Member at large:
    • Nothing to report
  • Finished: 20:08

[edit] 2016-01-05

  • Started: 19:54
  • Attendance: Carl, Vince, Scott, Chris, Bill, Ryan, Alex S., Alain, Joe, Bill
  • No objections to previous minutes
  • Nothing on the consent agenda
  • President Report:
    • Annual meeting was good
  • Vice-President report:
    • no Linux workshop in Dec.
  • Secretary Report:
    • Nothing to report
  • Treasurer report:
    • Balance sheet, in the black
    • Domain registration: $71.42, should it be that high for 3 domains? Possibly 2-year registration? (Ryan will investigate)
    • New members: 3, Deleted members: 1
    • Payment methods now supported: Android Pay, Apple Pay, Dipping
  • Member at large:
    • Nothing to report
  • Finished: 20:03