2013 Meetings

From Interlock Rochester Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

[edit] Minutes

See MIBS_Simplified_Rules_of_Coordinated_Consensus_through_Chaos#The_Meeting_Agenda for agenda template

[edit] December 3, 2013

[edit] Minutes

Members present: Antitree, E, Alex, Stenz, DeeJoe, Carl, Dollar Bill, Skip, Von

  • last month's meeting minutes passed

[edit] Consent Agenda:

    1. Add Resident Hacker membership plan - Details
    • Joe's modifications passed

[edit] Officer reports

  • Secretary
    • new3D printing project hands-free GPS
  • Treasurer
    • not present

[edit] Member Reports:

    • Von
    • got gizmo "butt set" hackedup a phone service device) off ebay for less than $25 that would cost $150... will blog it.
  • DeeJoe:
    • Wants to get interlock stickers... 200 for $21 to use for swag
    • swag pdfs are in the dropbox
    • Will lead little workshop on blogging
  • Antitree:
    • WPEngine now hosting our wordpress for promo-bono
    • Jan 11 (Sat) will be Annual meeting and elections: incumbents will carry over ... Stenz will run against Von for at large

will include lightning talks

  • DollarBill
    • part of planning and running Astronomicon
  • Carl:
    • hardware hackathon not doing, Jan 27 (Fri) - 30 RMSC event... Will do tabletop demo or handson

[edit] New Business:

None

[edit] Meeting end

[edit] November 5, 2013

[edit] Minutes

Members present: E, Dentz, Skip JustBill, Alex Carl, Von DeeJoe , Ryan

[edit] Consent Agenda:

[edit] Officer Reports:

  • President (out of town)
  • Vice President
    • VP conducted the meeting.
    • Read note from President setting date for Garage Sale and Lightning Talks to be on Saturday, November 16 at 4:00.
    • Plan for Annual Meeting / Party to be on January 11, 2014.
    • C-Workshop for Arduino users to be concurrent with Linux Workshop at noon on the third Saturday.
  • Secretary
    • Good response to MacGyvrBot at BarCamp INTERLOCK table. Several members gave talks.
  • Treasurer
    • Cash flow OK. Bills paid.
    • Progress being made on antenna.

[edit] Member Reports:

  • DeeJoe
    • Will share code for setting up voice to announce IP address automatically on Raspberry Pi.
    • The Wiki abides... Spam removed and now down to 100 registered users.
  • E
    • Stocked candy machine.
    • End at 7:17.

[edit] New Business:

None

[edit] October 1, 2013

[edit] Minutes

[edit] Consent Agenda:

[edit] Officer Reports:

  • President
    • What's wrong with our hackerspace?
    • Lively discussion about pros and cons regarding where we are and what we are doing.
    • Decided that moving the space is not in the cards for the near future. Will continue with annual lease.
    • Members developed plan to get antenna on the roof and to get the ham-shack transmitting again.
  • Secretary
    • More detailed notes not available. Sorry about that.
  • Treasurer
    • Cash flow OK. Bills paid.

[edit] Member Reports:

[edit] New Business:

None

[edit] September 3, 2013

[edit] Minutes

Members present: JustBill, Stenz, E, Alex, Steve, Jaimee, Carl, Skip $Bill, DeeJoe

[edit] Consent Agenda:

  • Purchase of general purpose power bricks for laptops
    • Not in this month's budget... will discuss for next month in new business
    • Suggest spending $60 and INTERLOCK paying half, take up collection for half

[edit] Officer Reports:

  • President
    • Out of town
  • Vice-President
    • Has put lighted INTERLOCK sign in window… will add arduino for control
  • Secretary
    • DeeJoe and Skip will be on a discussion panel on 3D printing at Digital Rochester on Sept 18
  • Treasurer
    • Report updated on web
    • Cash flow OK

[edit] Member Reports:

  • Jaimee
    • Becoming inactive so room at space becomes available
  • Alex
    • Learning open source solid modeling software

[edit] New Business:

None

End 7:40

[edit] August 6, 2013

[edit] Minutes

Attending: Alex, $Bill Carl, Steve, Skip, Von, E, Robert Start 7:27

[edit] Consent Agenda:

[edit] Officer Reports:

  • President
    • Absent
  • Vice-President
    • Posted newspaper article about our space and makerspace on the bulletin board.


  • Secretary
    • Elementary school TechCamp demonstrated kids are ready for CAD and 3D printing.
  • Treasurer
    • Bills and rent are paid

[edit] Member Reports:

  • Von at Def-Con
  • Steve gave 145 Ham radio exams, attend talk on 3D printing, raised $100k for EFF.
  • $Bill: Organizing Sci-Fi convention at Radisson Nov 15-17, Interlock can have free table, building robot

[edit] New Business:

None end: 7:43

[edit] July 2, 2013

[edit] Minutes

[edit] Consent Agenda:

APPROVED: Discount to E of the student rate for giving Interlock welding capabilities.

[edit] Officer Reports:

  • President
    • Focusing on research for upcoming hacker conferences Defcon/BSidesLV,Derbycon
    • The 2600 meeting is planned for this coming Friday
    • TOOOL Rochester still meets regularly and showed off the Xerox
  • Secretary
    • Working with a local school to teach 4th graders about 3D printing
  • Treasurer
    • Things are ok, but not booming. Bills are paid, members are here but there is a summer lul.

[edit] Member Reports:

  • E: discussed welding, her plans, and some of the costs involved
  • $Bill: Is working with a local SciFi con and wants to get us involved at a booth for 3D printing. He will follow up on the mailing list
  • Steve: Going to Defcon and being a ham proctor looking to see who else is going

[edit] New Business:

None

[edit] June x, 2013

[edit] Minutes

[edit] Consent Agenda:

[edit] Officer Reports:

  • President
  • Vice-President
  • Secretary
  • Treasurer

[edit] Member Reports:

[edit] New Business:

[edit] May 7, 2013

[edit] Minutes

[edit] Consent Agenda:

Make a formal statement of the ad-hoc policy that has been in practice since the beginning of Interlock.

Outside groups meeting policy: Non-Interlock groups are allowed to use the space for a meeting provided there is an Full Interlock member willing to open the space and remain at the space for the duration of the meeting, that there is no conflict with an Interlock event and there is no objection from the general membership. There will be no formal cost to the outside group but donations are encouraged and there should be a general announcement at the meeting to solicit donations. Scheduling would be on a first come basis and an announcement of the intention to allow the meeting must be made to the Interlock mailing list. All scheduled meetings will appear on the Interlock calendar.

[edit] Officer Reports:

  • President
  • Vice-President
  • Secretary
  • Treasurer
    • Overall trend has been negative, but future looking forward is minor growth as major bills have been paid.
    • Two over all new members, but three losses. Will follow up on back dues.
    • No more insurance payments till next year
    • Working on WePay issues. WePay continues to get better even though certain members have issues. I will try to get those figured out if they have not already been solved.
    • January and February are both closed and I expect no more adjustments to those months.
    • https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AnE92qddz6QddGFTT1Q4d3Rfb0lMQlJ5dWJTRkg5cmc&usp=sharing

[edit] Member Reports:

[edit] New Business:

[edit] Apr. 2, 2013

[edit] Minutes

Members Present: JustBill, Carl, Antitree, Steve, Walt, Jaimee, Beardicus, Skip Meeting Start: 7:05

Last month's minutes approved.

[edit] Consent Agenda:

  • Renew Meraki contract for another year for $230 for 1 year for both APs
    • Beardicus objects to gather more info
  • Allow the Ubuntu release party to happen at Interlock on April 27, noon-6PM
    • Passed

[edit] Officer Reports:

  • President:
    • BSides is coming up this weekend. Interlock will be there with a table, bring your toys and represent.
  • Vice President:
    • No linux workshop this month, due to BarCamp, but the following Saturday will be the Ubuntu Release Party
  • Secretary:
  • Treasurer:
    • Treasurer has been diseased all month, and has been a waste product. Bills are paid though. Spreadsheet to be updated in the following week. +1 member this month. Meraki contract will be just about a wash with our two subscribers paying every month.

[edit] Member Reports

  • Walter
    • Lawyer has been engaged for 501c3 paperwork, billed us a wee bit. Passed along to Treasurer.
  • Jaimee
    • Open house was a success, lots of people, worked quite well. Cr-ack night had some date confusion, so lower attendance. Jaimee is trying to revive Facebook, Google+, etc, so give her content if you want to get word out about anything.

[edit] New Business

  • Meraki
    • No objections after discussion. Passed.

Meeting End: 7:20

[edit] Mar. 5, 2013

[edit] Minutes

Members Present: DeeJoe, Mark Z, $Bill, Walt, Alex, JustBill, Skip Meeting Start: 7:08

[edit] Consent Agenda:

  • Spend up to $50 on refreshments for Open House

[edit] Officer Reports:

[edit] Member Reports

  • DeeJoe:
    • Comics, Etc. new neighbors downstairs

Meeting End:7:30


[edit] Feb. 5, 2013

[edit] Minutes

Members Present: JustBill, Beardicus, Antitree, DeeJoe, Carl, Jaimee, Steve, Walt, $Bill, Von, Skip

Last year's meeting minutes approved.

[edit] Consent Agenda:

  • NULL

[edit] Officer Reports:

[edit] Member Reports

  • Jaimee:
    • will give lightning talk at PechaKuka  on  art and technology    on Tuesday the 12th   VSW 31 prince street
    • Planning open house   for the  middle of March   and  craft  night  is in the works

Meeting End:7:30



[edit] Nov. 6, 2012

[edit] Minutes

Members Present: Carl, Bearicus, Walter, JustBill, Steve, D.Joe, Skip, Jamie Meeting Start: 7:15

Last months meeting not posted.

[edit] Consent Agenda:

  • No items

[edit] Officer Reports:

  • Pres:
    • Making progress on 3D printer, assembly stage.
    • Yearly meeting email, -- We need to figure out Saturday in early Saturday
      • Voting in new board members, hopefully a complete refresh -- step up people
  • VP:
    • Not present
  • Secretary:
    • No report
  • Treasurer:
    • Not present

[edit] Member Reports:

  • JustBill
    • Netmeeting: virtual Linux machines are starting again -- Talk to JustBill if interested
    • We may put a drive or fund for memory if we need it.
  • Skip
    • Barcamp table since last meeting with Squirtonics, excited about this still.
    • Getting close to design on Squirtronics, hopefully elementary school kids can build this.
    • Ordered a printrbot LC
      • Hopefully not a problem with ABS
  • Steve
    • Juniper networks looking for Software engineers
      • Looking for Java, Python, C, Perl
  • Jamie
    • QSO: Went to Walter's Made some contacts, ate chili. It was a great time.
    • Let's do another open-house in January
    • It get's the word out and it's a hard-deadline for us to finish projects
  • Carl
    • Ubuntu workshop, turned mini-open house
    • Lots of interest generated
  • Walter
    • Getting married, (Mark would officiate), any problems with Walter doing it at Interlock?

Meeting End:7:26

[edit] Sept. 4, 2012

[edit] Minutes

Members Present: Beardicus, Antitree, Skip, Carl, Stephen Meeting Start: 7:20

No Objections to last months minutes

[edit] Consent Agenda:

  • No items

[edit] Officer Reports:

  • Pres:
    • Window for the "nursery" installed, looking for reimbursment from building management
    • Printer parts are ordered, so going to win the "Print the first printed printer" contest, unless others get off their duffers
    • Help Lorne from the mailing list with his interactive installation at an RMSC event
  • VP:
    • Went to DEFCON
    • Going to MCC to present on Interlock in general, in front of Engineering Leaders Council
  • Secretary:
    • Not present
  • Treasurer:
    • Not present

[edit] Member Reports:

  • Skip
    • Going to Barcamp to present on Squirtronics, looking for a 3d printer operator to accompany him

Meeting End: 7:34

[edit] Sept. 4, 2012

[edit] Minutes

Meeting Start: 7:19

No Objections to last months minutes

[edit] Consent Agenda:

  • No items

[edit] Officer Reports:

  • Pres:
    • Fixed 3d printer, working again
    • Started sourcing parts for his 2nd 3d printer (shame to everyone)
    • Two more desk members in not-a-kitchen, going to add window
      • Plan to move in by next-month
      • Walter will help get glass
    • Bar Camp coming up in October
      • Brian can't make it
      • Making more business cards and T-shirts.
        • If anyone has input from previous designs, talk to Brian!
        • Add K2HAX to business card
  • VP:
    • Not present
  • Treasurer:
    • (via google+)
    • Still waiting for some dues, we're a $935, should be at $1150
    • $3500 in bank (still in good place)
    • Started moving people over to weepay
      • Those people will be canceled on paypal recurring
  • Secretary:
    • (nothing to report)

[edit] Member Reports:

  • Jamie
    • Getting back into the swing of things now
    • NY QSO is coming up, like to have K2HAX get things going
      • Still planning location
    • Back to school open-house, now that people are back from summer away.
  • D.Joe
    • Slowing continuing to purchase parts for printer (not holding his breath)
      • Post-meeting discussion about non-members using equipment unsupervised (such as 3d printer)
    • Cory Doctorow and Charlie Stross at book signing, is anyone interested?
  • Skip
    • Squirtronics is coming along, one day from working prototype
      • Variation for kitchen sink
      • For doing same experiments in kitchen sink.
  • Dolla' Bill
    • Been working on website for local Sci-fi event
      • www.astronomicon.info
      • Nov. 2013 (long ways off)
    • Looking for overlap with interlock interests.

Meeting End: 7:36

Members Present: Carl, D. Joe, Alex, Dolla' Bill, Skip, Jamie, JustBill, Steve, Rowan, Brian

[edit] August 8, 2012

[edit] Minutes

Meeting Start: 7:07pm

No objections to last months meeting minutes

No consent agenda items

[edit] Officer Reports:

  1. Pres: (not here)
  2. VP: (not here)
  3. Tres: (not here)
  4. Secretary:
    1. Welcome Skip
    2. AC doesn't cost too much (but not too little)

[edit] Member Reports:

  1. Steve:
    1. Went to defcon (justBill and Mark did presentation), 9am on last day and had attendance.
  1. Carl:
    1. video to show off super computer he's working on
  1. Skip:
    1. Looking for help with:
    2. Developed stand for iPad, learned and am still selling on internet.
    3. Want to go open-source/DIY with design for Ipad stand
      1. 3 designs going
    4. In aug 1952, was presented in scientific american in Ametur scientist colum
      1. pure-fluid amplifier
      2. looking for help with making this an open
      3. goal is to make it with only things from home depot/lowes

Members Present: Carl, Alex, Dolla Bill, Skip, Steve, Walter

Meeting end: 7:18

[edit] July 3, 2012

[edit] Agenda

  1. Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
  2. Consent Agenda
    1. Null
  3. Officer Reports
    1. President
      1. Apple CIDER Presentation
      2. Hamfest Table
      3. D&C Article
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
    4. Secretary
  4. Member Reports
  5. New Business
  6. Old Business
    1. Null
  7. Adjournment

[edit] Minutes

  1. Initialization: 7:15pm
  2. Attending: JustBill, Jaimee, Carl, Wayne, Steve, Antitree, Beardicus, Nick, Jesse
  3. Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
    1. Minutes not available. Unapproved.
  4. Consent Agenda
    1. Null
  5. Officer Reports
    1. President
      1. Apple CIDER Presentation, two weeks ago with Alex. Went swimmingly, though the printer failed. Lots of good feedback afterwards. Alex and I are now complimentary members of Apple CIDER for a year.
      2. Hamfest Table last weekend went great. Had quite a crowd around the table for about five straight hours. Both the 3d printer and homebrew plotter were going, though most people were more fascinated with the printer.
      3. D&C Article, Frank from the D&C stopped by a few times and wrote something up. Should be published tomorrow, July 4.
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
    4. Secretary
      1. Absent
  6. Member Reports
    1. Antitree
      1. Discussed Jukebox project. Presenting research at Defcon Skytalks, 10am on Sunday. 2600 meeting is this coming Friday at 7pm.
    2. JustBill
      1. Discussed hamfest attendence, the crowd we attracted, his 3d printing speech, kids interested in the bots. Couldn't play 3d printing video at the hamfest due to too much noise. Will be a bit absent from duties at the space, due to new baby responsibilities.
    3. Carl
      1. Linux workshop had a few enthusiastic attendees last month. Network admin is this coming Thursday 7pm. Needs help covering the Linux workshop in July, otherwise it needs to be cancelled.
  7. New Business
    1. Null
  8. Old Business
    1. Null
  9. Adjournment at 7:30pm

[edit] May 1, 2012

[edit] Agenda

  1. Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
  2. Consent Agenda
    1. Approve Conflict of interest policy
    2. Spend $10 on a table for Interlock at the Rochester Hamfest
  3. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
    4. Secretary
  4. Member Reports
  5. New Business
  6. Old Business
    1. None.
  7. Adjournment

[edit] Minutes

Meeting Start: 7:15 No Objections to last months minutes.

[edit] New Business:

1) Approve Conflict of interest policy (Move to Open items) 2) hamfest (no objections)

[edit] Old Business

(none)

[edit] Officer Reports

Pres:

  • 3d print meetup
    • 5-6 people, demo printing, slow start but we're making progress
    • Hope to see you there, 2nd Thursday of the month
  • VP
    • (Not present)
  • Treasurer
    • (Not present)
  • Secretary
    • More 3d printing, if you want help, talk to one of us!!

[edit] Member Reports:

  • Walter
    • Coffee project, make a better espresso machine
    • We're working on a prototype!!
    • If interested, contact Walter
  • D.Joe
    • 2nd Gen knowledge, FIRST PRINT!!!!
    • Model of insulin (Great Job Joe!!)
    • Taken from protein databank (website on
    • Blog post? (wink, wink, nudge)
      • Pymol -> Blender -> Mesh lab (or replicator) -> Netfab -> slic3r -> printer
  • Just Bill
    • Thursday is netadmin workshop, Bill is trying to find someone to pass the reigns to
      • Can't commit to anything, for the next few months.
  • Carl
    • Bsides, in two weeks (May 12th) - Be there or be square
    • Another security thing at double tree on Jefferson rd, 8am-noon, Mercury fest
      • Ubuntu table (carl will give a talk)

[edit] Open Items

Conflict of interest policy:

  • Alex - Worried about additional responsibilities that
  • Steve - Most of this is from a coast guard website
  • Walter - Not sure about the requirement, for a policy
  • Brian - Not sure any of us know what we're doing, avoiding 501(c)3 because he is not sure exactly what the requirements are
    • We should get a lawyer and and present all paperwork required to get this done.
  • Jamie - it's best to get legal advice on the process.

Vote did not pass

Meeting End:7:39

Attendance: Walter, Brian, JustBill, Jamie, Alex S, Carl, Steve, Dalla' Bill, D. Joe

[edit] April 3, 2012

Meeting start: 7:33

Attendence: Alex, Carl, D.Joe, JustBill, Brian, Mark, Von, Dolla' Bill, Jamie

[edit] Officer Reports:

  • President
    • YNN, and open house, and City Newspaper
      • Thank you everyone for helping
    • 3d printing meet-up 2nd thursday of the month
      • On calender, needs some promotion
  • VP
    • -(on wiki)
    • Bsides is on May 12th.
      • Interlock will have a table there.
  • Treasurer
  • Secretary
    • 3d printing!!

[edit] Member reports:

  • Just Bill:
    • Thursday network admin meeting - 9pm
      • If you-know-who-you-are doesn't show up it's back to 7pm
    • Moar storage, more computer
  • D. Joe:
    • He <3's 3d printing too!
    • Brought in another workstation.
  • Dolla' Bill:
    • Two new podcast episodes
    • Local sci-fi convention, do we want a table there?
  • Carl:
    • Linux workshop, very well attended (filled confrerence room!!)
    • Going to do it again in a few weeks
  • Jamie:
    • Do a ted-talk night (open to public).
      • Awesome idea, going to put on list to discuss more
      • Laser CUTTER
      • Maybe do a kickstarter and other fundraising campaign
  • Steve:
    • "on air" sign up
    • First aid kit up (thanks steve)
      • Don't throw away boxes

Meeting end: 7:54

[edit] March 6, 2012

[edit] Meeting Minutes

  • Meeting Start: 7:57pm
  • In attendance: Wayne, Walter, Alex, JustBill, (Dolla) Bill, Carl, D.Joe

[edit] Officer Reports:

  • President
    • Not Present
  • VP
    • Not Present
  • Treasurer
    • 19 Paying Members this month
    • Spent $1100, Took in $1200
    • Roughly $3600 in reserves
  • Secretary
    • No report

[edit] Member reports:

  • JustBill
    • NetAdmin meeting, thanks Carl for calling in
      • Member wireless password changed - Ask another member for password
      • Member storage available - 3-day expiration date
      • Can setup 32-bit virtual machine
      • Jamie wants us to decide on favorite flyer
  • D.Joe
    • Networking class - It happened, it was awesome
    • Interlock was venue for Ubuntu Global Jam on Saturday
  • Walter
    • We had visit from P51B "Lucy Gal" project
      • Project to build Mustang for Historical Aircraft Group
    • We now have a packet station at K2HAX (thank Ben!)
    • Windstorm blew down at least one of the roof antennas
      • Need to go up there, add lighting suppression and maybe run additional coax line.

Meeting adjourns at 8:09

[edit] February 7, 2012

[edit] Meeting Minutes

  • Meeting Start: 7:20pm
  • In attendance: beardicus, justbill, justwife, deejoe, carl, ben, von, antitree, walter

member reports: justbill, von, deejoe

[edit] Officer Reports:

  • president
    • book cutter
    • hacks/hackers
    • blog post
    • wiki
    • e-bench cleanup
    • reprap progress
  • vice president
    • cameras
    • bsides
    • jukebox project

[edit] Member reports:

  • justbill: netadmin report
  • von: report on houston hackerspace
  • deejoe:
    • reminder of IRC channel, (irc.freenode.net #interlock)
    • If someone is here, please cover the door

Meeting adjourns at 7:45

[edit] January 3, 2012

[edit] Meeting Minutes

  • Meeting Start: 7:20pm
  • No objections to last months minutes
  • Consent Agenda:
    • (no new busisnss)
    • (no old busisness)

[edit] Officer Reports:

  • Pres:
    • Didn't do too much,
      • But DID play with 3d-printer
      • Early Feb will do class on using printer.
      • Printed Christmas orderments and other things
    • Table member: make offical so noone is left in the dark
  • VP
    • Will be running "my website sucks"
      • There are 4 sign-ups
    • Starting to organize B-sides Rochester
      • Brian and Alex want to help with badges
      • Maybe interlock can host soldering workshop or something
  • Tres:
    • (not present)
    • Will email sumery
  • Secretary
    • Moved into room

[edit] Member reports:

  • JustBill:
    • Jumped on bandwagon looking at touchtunes (bar jukeboxes)
    • Drank beer, received signals
  • Networking meeting on Thursday!
    • Be there or be square

Meeting end: 7:31pm

Members present: Nick, Carl, Dolla Bill, AntiTree, Brian, JustBill, Jamie, Alex