2011 Meetings

From Interlock Rochester Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

[edit] December 6, 2011

[edit] Agenda

  • Approve Yestermonth's Minutes
  • Consent Agenda
    • Desk-Members: We make 3 spaces available in the corner room for members to rent for an extra $50/month on top of the regular dues. Space is available on a first come basis. If more than three people are initially interested, we pick three via a lottery. Desk-Members can keep the space for as long as they are a member in good standing and pay the extra rent. Desk-Members are responsible for keeping the area reasonably clean and clutter will be confined to their designated area. Clutter is OK but no garbage (no open food and beverage, no odorous substances, etc)! Violations of cleanliness standards will receive one warning and then can result in eviction by member vote at the next meeting. Desk-Members must vacate their space if their membership or rent payments lapse. If there is more demand than space available, we will revisit pricing or real-estate at that time.
  • Officer's Reports
    • President
      • Painted the wall
      • Helped build the RepRap and get it running
      • Prodded management re: the sink and door buzzer
        • Sink is in progress (half-installed), door unit has been ordered and I'm waiting for a more precise timeline from Dennis
      • Annual meeting is this Saturday, December 10th at 7pm. Potluck (+ pizza if we're still hungry). We'll do some lightning-ish talks after the business bits, so bring in some words about what you've done this year, and your goals for next year.
      • Got the doorduino wired up. Soon that will transition to the OMG LDAP SERVER.
    • VP
    • Secretary November 2011
    • Treasurer
  • Old Business
  • New Business
  • Member Reports

[edit] Minutes

  • Meeting start: 7:19 (secretary late)
    • no objection to last months meeting
  • consent agenda:
    • (no objections)

[edit] Reports:

  • Pres
    • See agenda
    • Brian did lots-o-blog posts, can other members do this? Brian can help setup an account
  • VP
    • NISYS is up (thanks carl)
    • LDAP working on it, needs to talk to doorduino
    • 2600 meeting
    • I hate my website workshop in January
  • Secretary
    • (no report)
  • Treas:
    • took in $7xx on-time (should have taken in $900), down about $60 after everything
    • $2600 in checking
    • $5 in paypal
    • total membership 19 members, 2 student, 1 associate

[edit] Member reports:

  • Carl:
    • Speed test on NYSYS
    • 4-5Mbit (down and up) - up most of the time better then down.
    • If it's stable, so far has it been good
    • Frontier went down once last week (about normal)
  • Von:
    • Ordered mic for ham-shack!

Meeting End: 7:30 Members present: Carl, Walter, wayne, Von, Joe, Brian, Mark, Alex, Nick

[edit] November 1, 2011

[edit] Agenda

  • Approve Yestermonth's Minutes
  • Consent Agenda

(none)

  • Officer's Reports
    • President
    • VP
    • Secretary
    • Treasurer
  • Old Business
  • New Business

[edit] Minutes

Meeting Start: 7:15

  • Approve Yestermonth's Minutes

No Objections

  • Consent Agenda

(none)

  • Officer's Reports
    • President
      • helped move
      • thanks to all for helping
      • move went well
      • more cleanup at old space
      • testing door plate for door duino
      • install probably Thursday
      • all contact with Larry should go through Mark or Brian
      • we are in a residential building so keep noise down later at night (after 10PM)
      • made plotter robot to play with at Bar Camp
      • it brought one new person to the space
      • need something every month to be on hack a day
      • Bar Camp went well, lots of traffic at the table, lots of interest in the plotter
      • wxxi did record several of us and we might be on the radio
    • VP
      • did move
      • ldap server up
      • nysys contract in hand, wireless internet connection
        • up to 14Mbs bandwidth, gaurantee of 1Mbs/1Mbs for $100/month
        • plus $20/month for extra IP addrs
        • we are moving forward discussing the contract and getting ready to go?
    • Secretary
      • Alex is a slacker (thanks Carl for the notes!)
    • Treasurer
      • good news /bad news if everyone pays we make rent, if not we don't, not everyone has paid
      • 22 members last month, only 14 paid this month so far
      • need better cash flow
      • $86 for bar camp on we pay plus Walter's donation of his reimbursement
        • more people should donate to bar camp
  • Old Business

(none)

  • New Business

(none)

  • Member Reports:
    • (Just)Bill
      • network admin meeting is continuous until network done
      • Bill and Jamie are having a baby
      • Bill's junk works
      • has been hassling with Frontier, twittered complaints
        • Frontier connection is better since the knowledgable tech came in to fix the connection
      • guest network is up
      • member network not up and probably not tonight
        1. 1 priority is the member network
      • Nick asked if our $10/month internet service is still going to be available
        • Bill said maybe not but the answer is not yet known
    • Carl
      • Sunnking is having ewaste recycle at zoo this weekend
      • status of 501c3 is wayne is sending financials to Steve
      • at Bar Camp someone offered to refer donors to CSH to us when CSH doesn't need it
    • Walter
      • chris and Walter were on the roof, installed mast, trapped dipole , another anntena and a feed line
      • nysys antenna on same mast or other mast on the elevator
      • bought tools and material to build benches, outfit workshop
      • more discussion will happen about which room to use
      • radio works with new antenna

Meeting End: 7:42

[edit] October 4, 2011

[edit] Agenda

  • Approve Yestermonth's Minutes
  • Consent Agenda
    • Sign lease on Door #7, Suite 200 in the Hungerford Building, assuming two year lease starting November 1, $700 a month for the first year, $750 a month the second year, and move-in during the month of October.
  • Officer's Reports
    • President
    • VP
    • Secretary
    • Tresurer

September2011

  • Old Business
    • NULL
  • New Business
    • Reimburse Walter for Yellow Cartridge. $62
    • Passed
    • Carl
      • Barcamp is coming, donate to weepay!!

[edit] Officer Reports

  • Treasurer: $830 income (waiting on $50)
    • $967 expenses (average is ~$780/month)
    • 20 members (22 once everything goes through)
    • Since march we are +$500 (roughly $100/month)

[edit] Old Business

(none)

[edit] New Business

  • Reimburse Walter for Yellow Cartridge. $62
    • Passed
  • Move into new space in Hungerford
    • Passed

[edit] Member Reports

  • Bill:
    • Reminder -Networkholics meeting on thursday
    • HAM-ers - 2 weeks until QSO
  • Nick:
    • 9/25 Walt and Nick went to EmComm East
    • Saw many presentations, one on EMP prepartiness
    • Recommended for HAMs next year
  • Carl
    • Barcamp is coming, donate to weepay!!

Members Present: Nick, Von, Carl, Steven, Walter, Alex, Brian, Jamiee

[edit] September 6, 2011

Meeting Start: 7:20

[edit] Agenda

  • No objections to last months minutes

[edit] Old business

(none)

[edit] new business

[edit] Officer Reports

  • Pres
    • New space news -- check mailing list and discuss if there are concerns.
    • We'd like to have someone check and make sure routes to the roof are acceptable
    • Some looking at TWC to see if we can get different intertubz at space
  • VP
    • See wiki page
    • Discussions from Null Space about different motivations
      • Credit-space project management
    • Going to maker fare,
    • hackerspace conference in Canada
    • Visiting Chicago in October
  • Treasurer
    • no report)
  • Secretary

[edit] Member Reports

  • Bill
    • Alot of fun at Defcon
    • Network meeting, brief discussion about Frontier (or lack of)
    • Ham people NY-qso
      • Represent K2HAX
  • Jamie
    • Outreach task-force was officially started,
      • Every 3rd Thursday, this is for implementing ideas
    • Working on a quarterly newsletter
      • And a listing of workshops
    • 2012 newsletters and workshops should be in full-gear
    • Do-night project ($20-$30 range) email Jamie with ideas
      • Have them on-hand for use
    • Interested in getting 150-300 words on what hackerspace means to you
    • JAMIE HAS A JOB! (yay!)
  • Steven
    • Has been working on his big project (bookdecay.com) - check it out

Meeting end: 7:35

Members Present: Mark, Brian, JustBill, Alex, Ben, Jamie, Nick, Steve, Chris

[edit] August 2,2011

[edit] Agenda

  • meeting start 7:27
  • No objection's to last months meetings
  • Officer's reports:
    • President:
      • Checked out space (in hungerford)
      • Look at his flicker
        • He didn't like it at first, but now he likes it
      • He's going to "charge ahead"
      • Expected timeline: event mid-september
        • Hopefully pass concent agenda for sept, move in end-of-sept
      • If you have input/concerns talk on list
      • Plotter images on wall, sortof artwork.
    • VP: (not here)
    • Tres: Didn't finish report (boo)
      • If 2 'normally paying members'
      • $850-$860/month (current costs: ~$750-$800)
        • more then covers what we need now, a little low for new space
      • we will obviously need to raise revinue
      • Will be gone is september - please pay dues then!!
    • Secretary:
      • Lathe mostly working, hopefully

[edit] Old business

(none)

[edit] new business

  • Member reports:
    • Carl:
      • someone attempted to break into website and they got locked out
      • yay
      • was going to do conductive play-dough
    • JustBill:
      • has coffee maker, let us know if you want them
      • netadmin meeting, have it if you want! (he'll be partying in vegas)
    • Von:
      • after we looked at the space in Greece
      • he's willing to work with us (charge in terms of # of members)
  • Meeting end: 7:42
  • Members: Wayne, Jamie, Brian, Von, JustBill, Walter, Chris, Carl, Nick

[edit] June 7, 2011

[edit] Agenda

  1. Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
  2. Consent Agenda
    1. Reimburse Ben $75 for the battery that burned out after a year
    2. Buy a new UPS for Interlock $200
  3. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. [Treasurer]
      1. (We are waiting on 8 members/associates to pay)
    4. Secretary
  4. Member Reports
  5. Old Business
  6. Adjournment

[edit] Minutes

Meeting Start: 7:27

[edit] Annocuments:

As per discussion on mailing list no working on cars in the parking lot. This is not permanent.

[edit] Consent Agenda

1) No objections: Passed 2) No objections: Passed

[edit] Officer Reports

  • President: (not present, see President)
  • VP: see Vice-President
  • Treasurer: see link
  • Secretary:
    • Lathe is space and mounted
    • Restricted access because we don't know how to use it... yet

[edit] Member Reports

  • JustBill:
    • Went to Butle Hamfest
      • Ran into president of HackPittsburgh
    • Carl and Bill will find UPS
      • Possbily get battery for old UPS instead
  • Nick
    • Hamfest (in Rochester)
      • A few people have moble rigs (higher power!)
      • Toughbook for awesome moble action
      • Got a projector (on permenent loan to interlock)
  • Ben
    • Thank Bill for cleaning the server rack!
  • 2nd floor space (talk with Larry)
    • Good canidate for moving -- Other space with the opportunity to expand
  • Jamie:
    • Girls Nite:
      • At least a weekend retreat
    • Converting HD to speakers -- come by to find out how to do it
    • Became a HAM

Members Present: AntiTree, Ben, Carl, Nick, JustBill, Steven, Alex, Jamie

Meeting End: 7:40

[edit] May 3, 2011

[edit] Agenda

  1. Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
  2. Consent Agenda
    1. Approve the Sexual Harassment Policy as detailed on the wiki.
    2. Start garbage service with Waste Management, which will total about $41 a month for a 96 gallon wheelie bin with weekly pickup.
  3. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
    4. Secretary
  4. Member Reports
  5. Old Business
  6. Adjournment

[edit] Minutes

  • Meeting Start: 7:16
  • No objections to last months minutes

[edit] Consent Agenda

  • Sexual Harassment Policy: Passed
  • Garbage Service: Passed

[edit] Officer Reports

  • President:
    • Went to barcamp, AWESOME TALK
  • VP: see Vice-President
    • BSides!!
    • Got Ham License
  • Treasurer: (see summery handout)Treasurer
    • Wepay is a pain, not going to use anymore
    • working on IDEDCRS system
      • New system for keeping track of finances
  • Secretary:
    • Robot @ Bsides!

[edit] Member Reports

  • Alvero:
    • PCBs!
      • Samples and awesome LED strip, approx. $25/meter
  • Carl:
    • Thursday (Mercury fest)
      • secruty conference (free if you pre-register)
      • Carl will be giving a talk
    • VPS/website
      • hopefully it'll be up (can someone help?)
  • D. Joe:
    • Linuxfest (at fishbowl, innovation center)
      • New faces,
  • Biodiesel, 3rd round -- much better if you follow directions.

11 members present: D Joe, Carl, Alex S, Jamie, Just Bill, Von, Mark, Beard, Wayne, Nick, Alvero

Meeting end: 7:40

[edit] April 5, 2011

[edit] Agenda

  1. Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
  2. Consent Agenda
  3. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
    4. Secretary
  4. New Members
  5. Member Reports
    1. Deejoe
  6. Old Business
  7. Adjournment

[edit] Minutes

  • Meeting Start: 7:17
  • No objections to last months minutes

[edit] Consent Agenda

(no items)

[edit] Officer Reports

  • President: see page President
  • VP: see Vice-President
  • Treasurer: (see summery handout)Treasurer
    • Overall back in the black (positive) and things are looking good
    • 26 paying members
  • Discussion about BarCamp and lighting talks @ BarCamp
  • Secretary: (no report)

[edit] Member Reports

  • D.Joe:
  • Carl:
    • Donating virtual server
      • Installed Wordpress, SQL, et al.
      • Need help doing the rest
      • Ben will help!!
  • Bill:
    • Our virtualized services are ready and awesome
      • If you want a talk on how to do it - there's one seat left!
      • We are comfortable on hardware (but will take more)
      • If you're looking for a server -- talk to Bill
    • Minecraft (no one has been on)
  • Jamie:
    • thesis show opening was last Friday
      • thanks everyone for showing up
      • You can visit on Saturday from Noon to 4pm
  • Now that she's free -- girls-only-type workshop
    • looking for practical project

Alvero:

  • been working on PCB layouts for projects
  • wanted to share PCB fab houses on Wiki

[edit] March 1, 2011

[edit] Agenda

  1. Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
  2. Consent Agenda
    1. Approve/ratify Conflict of interest policy
    2. create an officially supported project page using We-Pay to generate money to purchase a USRP for the space.
  3. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
      1. Total Dues Income: $940
      2. Total Members: 26
      3. Standard Members: 14
      4. Student Members: 4
      5. Associate Members: 6
      6. Non-paying: 1
      7. Barcamp Funds: $85
    4. Secretary
  4. New Members
    1. Scott L. (associate)
    2. James W. (standard)
    3. Francis A. (associate)
    4. Al M. (standard)
    5. David K. (associate)
    6. Elliot W. (associate)
    7. Ryan T. (associate)
  5. Member Reports
  6. Adjournment

[edit] Minutes

  • Meeting start: 7:33
  • No objections to last months minutes

[edit] Consent Agenda:

  • Conflict of interest -> new business
  • (USRP project) No objections

[edit] Officer reports:

  • President: (see wiki page)
  • VP: (not present, see wiki page)
  • Secretary: (none)
  • Treasurer: (see above for totals) - we are in the black this month (yay)

[edit] Member Reports:

  • Ben
    • USRP (software defined radio)
    • we want to buy one (with we-pay) -- Please donate
    • This radio can RX and TX on a wide range of frequencies and has many applications
      • both HAM and security
  • Bill
    • Next project phase of phone system is to get out-going calls with VoIP
    • Discovered minecraft!!
      • wants to create a minecraft server for interlock
        • members-only for-now
    • Network admin meeting this Thursday!! 7pm
  • D.Joe
    • thinks he has bio-diesel

[edit] New business:

[edit] Conflict of Interest
  • Brian
    • didn't dive into it deep enough, can we toss it around more (as long as it doesn't hold Steve's application up)
  • Steve
    • Can we have a policy-web page (with nice print style-sheet)
  • It has been decided that we will wait until the next business meeting to pass consent agenda #1
[edit] off-topic
  • Jamie
    • Ask about newsletter (or announce-list)
  • Carl
    • we talked about it
  • Jamie
    • Question about board-members/ how things are paid-for/ money handle
    • do we want to start a committee (or do-group)?

Meeting End: 7:54


Attendance: Carl, Brian, Wayne, Steven, D.Joe, Just Bill, Jammie, Von, Ben, Alex, Al, John

[edit] February 1, 2011

[edit] Agenda

  1. Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
  2. Consent Agenda
    1. Create New Membership levels
      1. Friends of Interlock - These are people on the Interlock mailing list or receiving the Interlock "newsletter" (if we ever create one).
      2. Non-Voting Member - People paying $25/month and signing a membership agreement will be allowed to use all the facilities at the space but will not have a vote on business matters and will not receive a key to the space.
      3. Full Member - People paying $50/month and signing a membership agreement will have 24x7 access to the space via a key, full use of all facilities and the right to vote on any and all business matters.
      4. Student Member - Full time matriculated students paying $35/month and signing a membership agreement will have all the rights and privileges of a full member.
  3. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
    4. Secretary
  4. Member Reports
  5. Adjournment

[edit] Minutes

[edit] Initialization

19:13

[edit] Consent Agenda

No objections: Passed

[edit] Officer Reports

[edit] President
  • Wiki=Spam
    • We need long-term fix, accounts disabled right now
    • 1st Global Hack-a-thon
      • Stream out and in
    • Cupcake:
      • Tube within-tube
      • lost by postal service :(
      • Well, it didn't get there yet
  • CNC board router
    • Getting last set of bearings
  • Signup for lighting talks!
[edit] VP
  • See wiki page
[edit] Secretary
  • (nothing)
[edit] Treasurer
  • Everybody paid (much rejoicing)
    • ~$3000 in bank, $230 in cash
    • Rent and Frontier to pay still
    • Taxes and all the jazz too

[edit] Member Reports

  • Steve
    • Frontier sucks (we know this)
      • met with owner of wireless ISP, could be taking care of Interlock!
      • Next month's consent agenda will likely have new ISP
      • Question about having both ISPs for a month to verify service
  • Ben:
    • Failed switch caused most networking problems
    • other problem due to frontier
  • Going to buy Phone card
  • Joe:
  • Zen kernel on black pedestal box
    • Caused hardware errors :(
  • JustBill says another box gave him "fits"
  • Going to be making a box from other parts
  • Bio-diesel
    • Ingredients
      • Found NaOH (yay)
      • May be making bio-diesel
  • Jamie:
    • Thesis date: April 1st (no joke)
    • Booksmart studios, On Anderson Ave

[edit] January 4, 2011

[edit] Agenda

  1. Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
  2. Consent Agenda
    1. NULL
  3. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
    4. Secretary
  4. Member Reports
  5. Adjournment

[edit] Minutes

Attendance: Brian B. Alex, Ben, Brian S, Nick, Wayne, Carl, John, Mark, Carl, Jaimee, JustBill, Chris

[edit] Initialization

19:32

[edit] Consent Agenda

NULL

[edit] Officer Reports

  1. President:
    1. Not much
    2. Annual meeting, more follow-up needed
    3. CNC router, getting parts laser-cut
    4. Going to laser-cut factory, possible trip, going to Lima
  2. VP:See wiki
  3. Finance:15 members, 11 reg 3 student
  4. Secretary: Alex's first meeting as secretary

[edit] Member Reports

  • Ben:
    • new couch, new chair, new lockers, new shelves, cisco gear (for IPv6)
    • presentation at 2600 on Friday
    • chart of junk is gone, (can get cart back if needed)
  • Carl
    • member levels
      • more discussion tonight, to go on agenda next month
  • D.Joe
    • Blew breaker (oh knowes!)
    • Keep path to breaker open please
    • Has web-power-switch
      • if you want to use it talk to D.Joe (GPG-keys and such)
      • Examples access point and project box
  • Bill
    • Phone system is live
    • Connecting with "northwestern" phone network
    • looking for FSX FXO card
    • VMware environment is up
      • looking for 64-bit system with virtualizition key
      • wishlist on the way
    • Thursday is net-op meeting 7pm
      • After Thursday meeting is show how to make power supply from ATX supply for ham


[edit] New Business

No new business

[edit] Adjournment

19:43