2010 Meetings

From Interlock Rochester Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

[edit] December 7, 2010

[edit] Agenda

  1. Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
  2. Consent Agenda
    1. NULL
  3. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
    4. Secretary
  4. Member Reports
  5. Adjournment

[edit] Minutes

Attendance: Brian B. Alex, Ben, Brian S, Nick, Wayne, Carl, John, Mark, Carl, Jaimee, JustBill, Chris

[edit] Initialization

19:32

[edit] Consent Agenda

NULL

[edit] Officer Reports

  1. President
  2. Vice-President
  3. Treasurer - 14 paying. Payouts even
  4. Secretary - Mostly gave report on Network Meeting. Key points - Network meetings are now on the First Tuesday of the month.

[edit] Member Reports

wayne - Sparkfun kit finally put together -- loves the workbench and tools that we have acquired. Will be converting Apple IIc power supply. Looking for 43cubic feet of helium for a good price for a balloon camera project. Interested in weather balloon project.

Joe - We got a vmware ssh bash in host for remote access. pull down video screens up for projector

Alex - Wheels are on robot. Needs a mech egineer to help mount motors on robot. Seeking help!!!!!

[edit] New Business

No new business

[edit] Adjournment

19:41

[edit] November 2, 2010

[edit] Agenda

  1. Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
  2. Consent Agenda
    1. Interlockroc.___ domain renewal: transfer all of the domains to their own GoDaddy account and update the contact information to use an email address that goes to the officer list. Renew interlocroc.org for 3 years. Renew interlockroc.net and interlockroc.com for 1 year.
    2. Soldering Equipment - Interlock part of purchase -- ~$125
      1. Purchase item #2 on Wishlist: Soldering, -- already has 50% member pledges
      2. Purchase remaining items Wishlist: Soldering (items 1,3) when there is 50% member contributions.
  3. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
    4. Secretary
  4. Member Reports
  5. New Business
  6. Adjournment

[edit] Minutes

Attendance: Brian B, Mark, Alex, Carl, JustBill, Brian S, Jay, Andrew, Steve

[edit] Initialization

19:24

[edit] Consent Agenda

  1. Approved
  2. move to new business

[edit] Officer Reports

  1. President
  2. Vice-President
  3. Treasurer
  4. Secretary

[edit] Member Reports

Drew - vistited HackDC and enjoyed their hackerspace and their old style arcade game.

Brian S - CAM pizza is solidfied for discount. Dial from the phone at the space and get a %25 discount. Mention Interlock from any other phone and get %15 off.

Steve - fundraising for the HAM antenna for the roof. Possible starting of Technical HAM class based upon interest.

[edit] New Business

From above #2b - Soldering extra's. After discussion no objection.

[edit] Adjournment

19:40

[edit] October 5, 2010

[edit] Agenda

  1. Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
  2. Consent Agenda
    1. Spend $200 on promo drink tickets for the Rochester Security Summit after party, to be given out from the Interlock table situated in the summit's CTF room.
    2. Spend $150 to sponsor Barcamp Rochester. We will get our logo on their tshirt and website, as well as a table at the event where we can schmooze and sell shirts.
    3. Spend $150 to purchase the Harbor Freight tools listed here: Wishlist:_tools
  3. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer - We currently have maintained our membership level. We had a loss of one and a gain of one. We have enough funds to cover all three of consent agenda.
    4. Secretary - Treasurer had given my report.
  4. Member Reports
  5. Old Business
    1. Approve network acceptable use policy and its addition to the membership agreement.
    2. Approve mutual discounts with Coworking, and associated logistics.
  6. New Business
  7. Adjournment

[edit] Minutes

Attendance: Drew, Nick, Brian, Joe, Ben, Carl, Mark, Bill, Jaimee, Wayne

[edit] Initialization

19:05

[edit] Consent Agenda

  1. Approved
  2. Approved
  3. Moved to new business by Joe - After discussion it was Approved

[edit] Officer Reports

  1. President
  2. Vice-President
  3. Treasurer - We currently have maintained our membership level. We had a loss of one and a gain of one. We have enough funds to cover all three of consent agenda.
  4. Secretary - nothing to add.

[edit] Member Reports

  1. Carl - Electronics class will begin soon. They will be 8:00 PM on Tuesdays and will run for at least 5 classes.
  2. Drew - Posters for Barcamp will be put up and wanted to propagandize the Hungerford.
  3. Mark & Wayne - They have started a spotlight "Batman" project. May need some specialized lights.
  4. Wayne - Working to put a showing of "Get Lamp" together.
  5. Jaimee - Her show is Oct 07. 5-8 PM

[edit] Old Business

  1. Approved
  2. Approved

[edit] New Business

  1. Consent Agenda 3 - Joe had a question regarding spending of money for money and future purchase of tools. Suggestions include cost matching. He will discuss outside of meeting and consent to purchase of current agenda list.

[edit] Adjournment

19:29

[edit] September 7, 2010

[edit] Agenda

  1. Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
  2. Consent Agenda
    1. Approve network acceptable use policy and its addition to the membership agreement.
    2. Approve mutual discounts with Coworking.
  3. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
    4. Secretary
  4. Member Reports
  5. New Business
  6. Adjournment

[edit] Minutes

Attendance: Carl, Ben, Nick, DeeJoe, Brian, Mark, Andrew, Chris, John

[edit] Initialization

Meeting started at 8:15, and hour later than usual due to a scheduled class conflict.

[edit] Consent Agenda

Network AUP and Coworking discounts are objected to by Deejoe and others. Moved to new business.

[edit] Officer Reports

Officer reports are linked in the agenda above. No report from the Secretary or Treasurer.

[edit] Member Reports

Ben gives a report on the new Asterisk box, and other networking developments.

[edit] New Business

Network AUP is considered half-baked by most members in attendance. It is suggested that the language needs to be updated before it will be approved.

Coworking discount numbers are generally acceptable, but the logistics of how to implement the discounts is not specified. That information will need to be specified before approval.

[edit] Adjournment

Meeting adjourns at 8:30

[edit] August 3, 2010

[edit] Agenda

  1. Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
  2. Consent Agenda
    1. Move Septembers meeting to 8:00 PM
  3. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
    4. Secretary
  4. Member Reports
  5. Adjournment

[edit] Minutes

Attendance: Bill, Wayne, Nick, Ben, Brian, Mark, Joe, and Carl

[edit] Initialization

19:10

[edit] Officer Reports

President - See link above

Vice President - See link above

Treasurer - Members late with monies: 3, members 30+ days late: 3, members 60+ days late: 2. Reminders sent to all, door shutoff for 30+ and removed as member 60+. Please pay and email Treasurer if any issue. 11 members paid (10 regular and 1 student).

Secretary - Proud Mary 19:11

[edit] Member Reports

Carl - Informed group about the fairly busy Linux workshop this past weekend. Several helpers and people showed up to learn and install linux. Needed someone to make sure that Linux Workshop doors need to be open Aug 21st buy a member. JustBill volunteered. He is also thinking of setting up one of the Make Nights to do build your own NAS installs - more info to follow on mailing list. Carl has also volunteered to teach a basic electronics class after the upcoming Processing/Arduino class mentioned on the mailing list.

Joe - LUGOR will be starting their meetings soon. See Joe for details.

[edit] Consent Agenda

Due to upcoming Processing/Arduino class it was proposed to group to have Septembers Board meeting at 8:00 as to not interfere with the class. Nobody objected. Motion passed.

[edit] New Business

Just a reminder that there is an upcoming 5 week class on Processing and Arduino. Many members have expressed interest and will be doing the class. More info [1] . See you there.

[edit] Adjournment

19:28

[edit] July 5, 2010

[edit] Agenda

  1. Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
  2. Consent Agenda
    1. Renew our Meetup.com service at $72 for six more months
    2. Reimburse Beardicus for non-pre-ordered Interlock t-shirts (less than ten at the moment) and hold in "inventory" for future sale.
  3. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
    4. Secretary
  4. Member Reports
  5. Adjournment

[edit] Minutes

[edit] Members Present

Attendance: Carl, Mark, Ben, Brian, Wayne, Nick, Bill

[edit] Initialization

19:45

[edit] Officer Reports

President - He made a summary of Interlock updates. We were at FOSSCON and held a table.

Vice President - see report

Treasurer - Multiple finances discussed. More detailed report to follow but it was about income, members, and total expenditures.

Secretary - Hi My name is "Just"Bill and I'm the new secretary till next voting cycle. Please forgive me for any of my mistakes.

[edit] Member Reports

Nick - Just wanted to announce that BinaryMan (Chris) received his HAM technical license.

[edit] Consent Agenda

Moved to new business due to Treasurers report

[edit] New Business

  1. Renew Meetup.com - Mark will float the cost and the Interlock will keep an open purchase order for reimbursement until fund get more soluble.
  2. Reimbursement for T-Shirts. Same as #1 will keep open purchase order until funds are more available. Brian will fund until then.

[edit] Adjournment

20:06

[edit] June 1, 2010

[edit] Agenda

  1. Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
  2. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
    3. Treasurer
  3. Member Reports
  4. Adjournment

[edit] Minutes

[edit] Members Present

Attendance: Carl, Nick, Mark, Brian, Steve, Bill, Ben, Wayne

[edit] Initialization

President starts the meeting at 7:15. Minutes from last meeting are approved.

[edit] Officer Reports

President gives his report (linked) Vice-President gives his report (linked)

[edit] Member Reports

Steve gives a member report on an intranet portal he's developing for Interlock... wikis, blogs, files, events (and much much more!)

[edit] Adjournment

Meeting adjourns at 7:30.

[edit] Addition

Change in officers. Alan Dipert and Ashley McClelland have left the organzation. Brian Boucheron is the new president. We are still looking for a Secretary.

[edit] May 4, 2010

[edit] Agenda

  1. Approve draft minutes of the last meeting
  2. The Consent Agenda
    1. Approve the bylaws
  3. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-President
  4. Member Reports
  5. Old Business
  6. New Business
  7. Adjournment

[edit] Minutes

[edit] Members Present

Brian, Alan, Ashley, Mark, Alvaro, Carl, Ben, Steve, Nick, Rowan, Jim, Wayne

[edit] Initialization

President starts the meeting at 7:08. Last meeting's draft minutes were approved.

[edit] Consent Agenda

No objections.

[edit] Officer Reports

President gives his report (linked)

Vice-President gives his report (linked)

The Treasurer gives her report. Membership is down 1 from last month, expenses are as per usual.

[edit] Member Reports

Carl mentions the Linux workshops for the next two months (see the calendar)


[edit] Adjournment

Meeting adjourns at 7:26.

[edit] April 20, 2010 (Special Meeting)

[edit] Agenda

  1. The Consent Agenda
    1. Approve petty cash budget
  2. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-president
    3. Treasurer
    4. Secretary
  3. Member Reports
  4. Old Business
  5. New Business
  6. Adjournment

[edit] Minutes

Members in attendance: Brian, Mark, Ashley, Alan, Joe, Jim, Rowan, Carl,

President starts the meeting at 7:10

[edit] Consent Agenda

Consent agenda passes without objection.

[edit] Adjournment

Meeting is adjourned.

[edit] April 6, 2010

[edit] Agenda

  1. Draft minutes of the last meeting
  2. The Consent Agenda
    1. Special meeting, April 20th to discuss improving recruitment, modifying our budget, improving our finances.
    2. Approve Bylaws
    3. Approve Membership Agreement
  3. Officer Reports
    1. President
    2. Vice-president
    3. Treasurer
      1. Approve Budget
    4. Secretary
  4. Member Reports
  5. Old Business
  6. New Business
    1. Hospitality budget
    2. Cleaning supplies
    3. Hacker of the Month Funds
    4. Inventory
  7. Adjournment

[edit] Minutes

Members Present: Brian, Mark, Steven, Carl, Ben, Nick, Alvaro, Rowan, Alan, Ashley, Tim

The president begins the meeting at 7:08

Minutes from the March 3 meeting are approved.

[edit] Consent Agenda

Joe objects to passing the bylaws. Moved to new business. All other motions pass.

[edit] Officer Reports

President gives his report (Linked) Vice-President gives his report (Linked)

Treasurer gives her report on the state of our funds and membership. Budget can be viewed at the Google Docs site.

Secretary has nothing to report

[edit] Member Reports

Rowan reports on the IP web camera and LV jack boxes.

Tim reports on networking. Network will be complete by 4/7/2010, minus boxes for jack.

[edit] Old Business

NULL

[edit] New Business

  • Bylaws

The issue stated is that the bylaws don't make it clear what the powers of the board of directors vs. the membership. Language is proposed to make this clearer.

Rowan brings up a concern about term limits for board of directors and officers.

Joe proposes that the board members be given some power for action between meetings.

Bylaws are not passed and are deferred to the next regular meeting.

  • Hospitality budget is discussed, but not passed. Summary is that $20 would be budgeted each month for First Friday supplies and other essentials. Details will be provided at later meeting.

[edit] Adjournment

Meeting is adjourned at 7:53

[edit] March 9, 2010

Lightning Talks:

Signed Up: Alan(Machines that think), Alvaro(Orienteering, Remote Backup), Andrei(Contemporary Art), Ashley(Learning Programming), Beardicus(Wee Booklet), Ben(irssi+screen), Carl(Cat5, Soldering), Jason(Low Impact Local Network Recon), Justin(Go, XSS/XSRF Demo), Joe(Pymol Molecular Viewer), Mark(XSS/XSRF), Steve(Free Public Wifi), Remy(Open Video Chat Program team Intro)

[edit] March 2, 2010

Members Present: Brian, Mark, Ashley, Alan, Carl, Joe, Wayne, Nick, Ben, Steven

The president begins the meeting at 7:11.

[edit] Consent Agenda

NULL

[edit] Officer Reports

(Reports were provided orally, with no hardcopy transcriptions)

The President reports on the general status of the organization.

The Vice President gives an update on the status of the networking project.

The Secretary has nothing to report, and requests future officer reports be provided in writing for more comprehensive minutes.

The Treasurer has nothing to report this month.

[edit] Member Reports

Joe presents his knit n900 cozy and clues us in to virtualization plans for the space

Steven nominates himself safety dictator, explains plans to abuse his power

[edit] Old Business

NULL

[edit] New Business

NULL

[edit] Adjournment

TRUE

[edit] February 23, 2010

  • Agenda
    • Introductions
    • Organization Updates
    • Project Updates
    • Open Announcements
      • Lightning Talks

[edit] February 23, 2010

  • Agenda
    • Introductions
    • Organization Updates
      • Move in timeline
      • MIBS reminder
      • March 2nd first meeting
    • Project Updates
    • Open Announcements
      • Lightning Talks

[edit] February 15, 2010

  • Agenda
    • Introductions
    • 15 Min MIBS review/walkthrough
    • Organization Updates
    • Project Updates
    • Open Announcements

[edit] February 9, 2010

  • Agenda
    • 15 Min MIBS review
    • Introductions
    • Last Week Meeting Review
    • Organization Updates
    • Project Updates
    • Open Announcements

[edit] February 2, 2010

  • Agenda
    • Introductions
    • Last Week Meeting Review
    • Organization Updates
      • Bank Account/Paypal
      • Meeting Changes
        • Consensus through Chaos
        • Official Meetings monthly but weekly open nights
        • Officer roles review
        • Voting Scenarios
    • Project Updates
      • First Friday Organization
      • Door Security System
      • Other member projects
    • Open Announcements

[edit] January 26, 2010

  • Agenda
    • Introductions
    • Last Week Meeting Review
    • Organization Updates
      • Bank Account
    • Project Updates
      • Door/Security System
    • Open Announcements
  • Minutes
    • Bank account: in motion. Waiting on some paper work
    • Door project: learning about the ibuttons
    • Sneyha: outreach meeting.
      • Need ideas for first friday
      • planning on a green screen
    • RemyD: Who else comes out for first friday?
      • Sneyha: A ton of the people in the building
    • Carmen: has a project related to inventoring computers
    • Discussion about doing classes
    • Alan: Haiti relief outreach
    • Rowan: HAM radio group
    • Alan: be kind on IRC
    • RemyD: www.opensource.com - news portal for open source articles
    • Sneha: wine tour
    • RemyD: Stallman is coming to town on Feb 23
    • Steve: Enable effing SSL on google apps!

[edit] January 19, 2010

  • Agenda
    • Introductions
    • Last Week Meeting Review
    • Organization Updates
      • Changes to bylaws
      • Changes to member agreement
    • Project Updates
    • Open Announcements
  • Minutes

1/19

  • introductions, alan, deejoe, carl, brian, steve, nick, josh, alex, ben, bill, ashley, mark, jon, chris, remy

carl outreach summary:

    • join first friday
    • video commercial
    • running robots
    • barcamp in april
    • lightning talks at barcamp
    • fosscon - june - remyd is an organizer
    • linux workshop outreach went well - 12 people came - next one in February
    • maybe talk to Lugor about doing hands on workshop after a lugor discussion
    • writing workshop to teach anyone how to write
    • ashley: keep writing focused
  • lightning talks again
  • alan: want to also give back to the community like linux workshop
  • alan:bylaws and membership agreement
  • alan, ashley, mark, brian and others met to go over bylaws and mission statement
  • changes are on the wiki
  • ashley: maybe do a mock mibs walkthrough
  • alan: share the google doc to everyone
  • alan got the EIN
  • thursday mark, brian, ashley, alan, will be going to the bank
  • question: josh: how open are finances
  • answer: everyone: as open as you want to be. meetings will have
  • ben: if anyone has suggestions for the space design, make them known now
  • steve: internet connection
    • the acct rep received fax
    • she's going to let us know install date
  • alan: programming for beginners class
    • work with python group in Rochester
  • brian: beginning electronics
    • make magazine has beginner electronics book
    • good for doing a class or group
  • dude: we can get cheap stuff from radio shack and the internet has parts
  • joe: bulk silly putty reminder
  • steve: bulk coffee/tea maker
  • chris: organizational membership to amazon
    • you can pull out technical books
    • view them online but access to TONS of books
    • not sure on the costs
  • Brian: Pledgie
    • people can join and pledge their amount
    • when it gets the amount it does whatever they've been planning (silly putty)
    • another space used it successfully

[edit] January 12, 2010

  • Attended: Carl, Avezou, Mora, Steve, Brian, Chris, Rowan, Andre, Sneha, Remy, Shawn, Carmen, Josh, Gina, Jimmy, Christina, Alvaro, Rachel, Brian, Ashlee, Ben, Mark, Ryan, Justin, Nick, Alan, Alex
  • Agenda
    • Introductions
    • Last Week Meeting Review
    • Organization Updates
    • Voting:
      • IRC
    • Project Updates
    • Open Announcements
    • EVENT: Lightning Talks

[edit] January 5, 2010

  • Attended: Ryan, Dawn, Carl, Steve, Josh, Alvaro, Alan, Bryan, Joe, Andrei, John, Ashley, Justin, Rowan
  • Agenda
    • Introductions
    • Updates
      • Recap of SCORE meeting (Alan)
    • Anything else?
  • Discussed
    • SCORE
      • With lawyer, 501(3)c process 6mo - year, $1000 - $1500
      • Importance of mission statement
    • Separation of concerns: member agreement vs. bylaws
      • agreement is for limiting liability and other bare minimums
      • bylaws part culture, part rules
      • bylaws are really only about starting and stopping processes
      • we need a solid mission statement to define ourselves and guide decisions/priorities
    • Outreach, community service, donation possibilities
      • "Linux Q & A" days