2009 Meetings

From Interlock Rochester Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Contents

[edit] December 22, 2009

  • Agenda
    • NONE: relaxing discussion

[edit] December 15, 2009

  • Attended: Brian, Jim, Nick, Avezou, Carl, Sneha, Steve, Ben, Ashley, Carmen, Joe, Bryan, Paul, Tim, Alvaro, JP, Joshua,
  • Agenda
    • Introductions
    • Updates/Announcements
    • ISP Options: Steve S.
    • Intro to Wordpress (brief): Ben W.
    • Projects
    • Discuss next weeks Lightning Talks
    • Holiday events, potlucks, parties, hoedowns?
    • Best time to meet in the future
  • Discussed:
    • Introductions, met a few new prospects
    • Ben's Wordpress intro presentation
    • Discussion of our use of Wordpress and how we want to handle posting
    • Steve's ISP presentation
    • Wooby talks lightning, and projects
    • Deejoe gives a passionate lightning talk about plastic bag storage

[edit] December 8, 2009

  • Attended: Mark, Brian, Steve, Dan, Andrei, Joe, Carl, Carmen, Sneha, Matt, Ben, Bryan, Josh [...]
  • Agenda:
    • 7: Introductions and updates, go over MIBS meeting rules
    • 7:30: Hackerspace Presentation: Mark
    • 8: Move to new space
  • Discussed:
    • Introductions
    • Officers announced. Mostly people on the lease or incorporation paperwork.
    • Mark presented a bit on MIBS rules
    • Hackerspace presentation
    • Sneha discusses public outreach activities
  • Caravan to the temp space for discussion and beverages

[edit] December 1, 2009

  • Attended: Carl, Ben, Jimmi, Kristina, Steve, Ashley, Andrei,
  • Discussed:
    • Bylaws went over a lot of the details.
    • Bylaws: Decided to have an official meeting once a month unless otherwise requested
    • Discussed dues
    • updated everyone on lease signing status
    • Ashley updated us on documents for incorporation
    • Voted on whether or not to get the temp space or skip it and wait for the real space. Agreed to get the temp
    • Introduced new members discussed goals of the organization
  • Action Items:
    • Directors: Sign lease and setup temp space

[edit] November 23, 2009

  • Attended
    • Mark, Brian, Ashley, Alan, Sneha, Carmen, Carl, Bryan, Ben, Jeremy, Rich
  • Video: Part 1
  • Discussed
    • Basement space at 1115 Main Street
      • $390 + electricity
      • Ready by February
    • Temporary space available immediately
      • $280 + electricity
    • Network connectivity options
      • Business class roadrunner $79 a month
      • Netsville
    • Dues
      • Start payment 1st of December
      • Application form
    • Business checking accounts and accounting
    • First Month's rent
    • Logos
    • Wiki/Website stuff
      • maybe looking for a wiki with better ACLs
      • decision to departmentalize functions - wiki, website, blog, etc
    • Dues through paypal for first month
    • Bryan shows his illuminated bidness card
    • Discussion about who will be the incorporators
    • Presentation ideas for future meetings
      • Python intro class
      • Wordpress tutorial
      • Software Defined Radio
    • Ham radio discussion
    • Future meetings may have first 1/2 hour as business-related matters, come afterwards if you're not interested in the nitty gritty of forming the space
  • Actions
    • Mark: Setup paypal account and email address
    • Mark: Put together a membership package
    • Alan: Put membership form online
    • Goal: Have membership dues on December 1st
    • Goal: Sign lease on Monday November 30th

[edit] November 17, 2009

  • Attended: Mark, Sneha, Carmen, Ashley, Alan, Jimmi, Krystina, James, Justin, Robert, Joe, Ben, JP, Brian, (David)
  • Recordings - Part 1- Part 2
  • 1st meeting streamed online (ustream)
  • Decided on Interlock as a group name.
    • interlocroc.net, .com and .org domains have been acquired
  • Discussion about three potential locations
    • Griffith Ave
      • 3000/$1500 a month
      • No security deposit
      • Utilities = $200 a month
      • A bit too pricey
    • E Main St
      • 1000/$450
      • 2000/$725
      • Utilities = $150 a month
    • Village Gate
      • 500/$325
      • Utilities = $60 a month
  • Talking about the budget
    • Would prefer it to be about $35, but it will probably be higher at first until we get more members
    • Looking at 501.c3
    • Contacts in Buffalo chapter could be useful with this business setup
    • Dues
      • $50 - Normal
      • $35 - Student
  • Trip to Buffalo Chapter
    • Visit to see what they have there
    • After thanksgiving, on the weekend
      • Important for sponsorships

Action Items For Next week:

  • Form a holding company (LLC, S-Corp) to get a bank account
  • Focus on making the Main St. building work (talk to Felix, discuss details, find temp location)
  • Plan for best way to form an NFP
  • Create a focus group for developing a website

[edit] November 11, 2009

  • Location: Spot Coffee
  • Attended:
    • Mark, Brian B., PT, Sneha, Dan, Carl, Andrei, Bryan, Josh, Ashley, Alan, Carmen
  • Discussed:
    • Summary of goals thus far, for new attendees.
    • Updates from members about spaces scouted, etc.
      • Sneha: 1000 square feet, 600 a month, Portland Ave., with storefront
      • Look into spaces near the Public Market? High rent for RR55 ($900)
        • Other spaces besides the refurbed railroad area? Space above cheese shop area?
    • Introductions
    • Show and Tell
      • Bryan
        • guitar hacks
          • tuning geegaws
          • patents
      • Andrei
      • Mark
        • lockpicking sets
        • garmin gps units, wardriving discussion
        • defcon badges
        • bump key discussion
      • Brian B.
        • bookbinding
        • sketchbooks
        • Ponoko business cards
        • Makerbot contact: sample print will be mailed out this weekend, hackerspace discount is available
        • laser cutting, found Class Act Engraving in Akron, NY. Epilog laser reseller
      • Carmen
        • suitcase computer
    • Random discussion
      • Kegerator w/ Nagios monitoring
  • Actions
    • None specified

[edit] November 6, 2009

  • Location: Spot Coffee
  • Attended:
    • Mark, Carmen, Sneha, Ben, Brian B, Stephen, Bryan S, Andrei, Tom, Josh, David, Karl
  • Discussed:
    • announcements from last week - flyers, wiki
    • attendees' backgrounds and vision for the space
    • rough plan of action re: naming, incorporation, non-profit filing
    • future meeting ideas, including demos and presentations
    • (EDIT)
  • Actions:
    • contribute to the wiki
    • think of names
    • (EDIT)

[edit] October 28, 2009

  • Location: Spot Coffee
  • Attended: Mark, Jeff, Carmen, Brian, Alan, Eric, Joe, Andrei, Bryan, Greg,
  • Discussed:
    • ideas
    • made flyers
    • other spaces
    • meet and greet
  • Actions:
    • Mark: setup a wiki
    • Mark: print out flyers

[edit] October 21, 2009

  • Location: Spot Coffee
  • Attended:
    • Jerel, Matt, Mark, Jeff, Greg, Jimmi, Krystina
  • Discussed:
    • meet and greet
    • buffalo hackerspace
  • Actions: